Monday, October 14, 2013

Roomba Arduino Library

Haven't done much on any of my electronics projects over the summer, but I pulled my Roomba out of the storage closet this weekend to see if it was still capable of vacuuming a floor. Probably no thanks to all the modifications I had tried to do to it (see my previous posts), it turned off about a second after starting, but I was able to get the serial port to accept commands. Eventually I may try to write my own vacuuming routines for this, since the existing computer seems to be unhappy about something, but for now I've just been working on compiling a library for Arduino out of the Roomba SPI.

The result is the project I started (google code link). You can checkout with mercurial (once I get a more complete library I'll package it a bit better and write an API). So far LED and motor functions are included.

After the break are a short video and photo of the setup




Short video here:

And photo of my setup:

Happy Roomba hacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment